Buying a used Mercedes Benz or AMG vehicle is a terrific way to get more features and performance than you would in a new car, by avoiding the hefty cost of depreciation over the initial years.
However, it can be extremely difficult to find out whether the second hand Mercedes you’re considering is fraught with hidden mechanical or electrical problems, or has a history of major accident damage.
Buying a pre-owned Mercedes can be a big financial investment, so you can’t risk buying a lemon and ending up with problems that come as a result of the previous owner’s neglect.
The best way to make an informed purchase decision while avoiding the pitfalls is with a comprehensive German Auto Pre Purchase Vehicle Inspection
As a Mercedes and AMG specialist, our detailed third party inspections are superior to general vehicle inspection, because we’ll pick up on problems peculiar to the Benz marque that others may miss, because they don’t have the expertise, or the latest Mercedes- and AMG-specific diagnostic equipment.
At completion of a German Auto Pre Purchase Vehicle Inspection you will receive a comprehensive Pre Purchase Inspection Report, outlining the faults that have been uncovered, and the opportunity for a frank discussion with one of our highly trained dedicated Mercedes technicians.
A German Auto Pre Purchase Vehicle Inspection Report extends to each of the following:
- Mechanical inspection & assessment – transmission, drivetrain, and engine, including a prolonged cooling system pressure test, to look for signs of serious engine problems.
- Underbody inspection & assessment – All suspension and brake system components, and the extent of wear to these systems, wheels, and tyres, and exhaust system operating capacity.
- Electrical system assessment – including a full diagnostic scan of the on-board self-diagnosis fault memory systems, to assess the status of all vehicle sensors and operating capabilities
- Body condition inspection & assessment – whether or not the car has had poor accident repairs or rust repairs, or other structural body work
- Interior condition inspection & assessment – including upholstery and trim, seat belts, airbags, air conditioning, multimedia system and switchgear
Finally, a road-test report will provide insights into steering, transmission, brake, and engine condition, as well as establishing the correct function of safety systems.
German Auto can carry out Mercedes Benz and AMG Pre Purchase Vehicle Inspections in house, for both dealership and private purchases,
Tip: If a seller is reluctant to let you to have the vehicle independently inspected, that’s a free red flag to walk away.